Paul Harris Fellow
What is a Paul Harris Fellow?
The Paul Harris Fellow recognition acknowledges individuals who contribute $1,000 to The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International. Paul Harris Fellow recognition can also be 'earned' by showing exemplary service to the Club, community, or world. In this second case, a Rotarian is honored by one or more other Rotarians through donations of $1,000 to the Rotary Foundation.
The PHF award was established in 1957 to show appreciation for and encourage substantial contributions to what was then the Foundation’s only program: Rotary Foundation Fellowships for Advanced Study, the precursor to Ambassadorial Scholarships. Today the funds from PHF donations are used throughout the world for a wide-ranging number of humanitarian and environmental projects.
What is the Paul Harris Society?
The Paul Harris Society is named after the founder of Rotary International. The society recognizes friends of The Rotary Foundation who annually contribute $1,000 or more to the Annual Programs Fund, PolioPlus, and other approved Foundation grant activities. Society contributions may count toward Rotary Foundation Sustaining Member, Paul Harris Fellow, Multiple Paul Harris Fellow, and Major Donor recognition.
Your gift will advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Your contribution supports activities such as:
- Vocational and on-the-job training for land mine victims in Cambodia
- Hand-washing stations, training for teachers, and in-depth hygiene training for students at a school in Ecuador
- A scholarship for a Japanese student to study effective adult learning methods abroad
- Milking cows for farmers in Russia
- Microcredit loans to women in Togo
- Reading and mathematics textbooks for students in the United States of America
The Paul Harris Society is a district-administered recognition program. Membership is tracked and recognized independently by each Rotary district. Contact our Club's Foundation committee chair for details.